In the beginning………..
Maharaja Sawai Man Singh Vidyalaya (MSMSV) is the articulation of the Late Her Highness Rajmata Gayatri Devi of Jaipur’s conviction that there is no alternative to good education and that it is the first step for nation-building. MSMSV was set up in 1984 by the Sawai Ram Singh Shilpa Kala Mandir Society , a trust set up by the Late His Highness Maharaja Sawai Man Singh. MSMSV seeks to impart modern education in a traditional, innovative and creative framework. The endeavour is to impart modern education which is a synthesis of the ancient wisdom and culture of our country with the contemporary scientific and technological advancement
The School today…….
Maharaja Sawai Man Singh Vidyalaya with its strong emphasis on traditional values and ethics is a modern dynamic co-educational institution spread over a fifteen acre campus.It is affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi. It is accredited for outstanding development of the international dimension in the school curriculum by the British Council. The school is also a member of the National Progressive Schools Conference, New Delhi and the Jaipur Sahodaya School Complex.
The school enjoys a strong bond of student teacher relationship fostered through positive and constructive attitude. The staff is offered a range of skill enrichment and enhancement opportunities to broaden their minds and reinvent their teaching strategies
The school fulfils its commitment to the community in many ways. The adoption of a school in a village on the outskirts of Jaipur is one such initiative. There is also regular interaction with Disha and Umang which are NGOs handling differently abled children. The school also engages in other community projects ranging from Traffic Control outside school to Project Citizen.
MSMSV is an eco-friendly educational institution which actively promotes environmental consciousness among the community and students through Awareness campaigns and on-going initiatives like vermiculture and paper recycling. We have a Biological Waste Water Treatment Plant for reusing the polluted water of the duck pond for gardening and a Rain Water Harvesting System in the school building.
Education is the joint responsibility of teachers and parents. The school emphasizes the important role of parental involvement. Parent Teacher meetings are organized at regular intervals to enable effective interaction.
The Old Students Association is an active partner in the ongoing school programmes, including celebrations The association keeps the graduates connected and bonded with the school, teachers and old friends.
Breaking Boundaries: The Global Dimension
Aims to foster intercultural sharing, understanding and communication among the young people across continents. Collaborative learning projects with partner schools in England ,France, Singapore, Sri Lanka and Nepal broaden the school curriculum through hands on experience.
- Transcontinental School Initiative Alliance (TSAI)
This is a social exchange programme for the exchange of ideas, concerns, and best teaching practices of schools in India and UK. The school is at present collaborating with two schools in London. The focus of the programme is finding solutions to challenges related to academics; research strategies; and professional development.
- Youth For Understanding (YFU)
YFU is a worldwide movement of committed individuals and organizations working together to prepare young people for the responsibilities and challenges of a fast changing world. It also provides young people between the age of 15 to 18 years a variety of exchange programmes.
The school has an active School Team comprising of the Head Boy, the Head Girl, Cultural Head Boy and Cultural Head Girl along with a Student Council
- The Global Education and Leadership Foundation (tGELF)
, tGELF has a unique value based curriculum whereby all students of grades 8,9 &10 are exposed to the concept of leadership. The curriculum is aligned with the school calendar and syllabi.The programme identifies potential leaders through rigorous evaluation procedures and spread over 2-3 years participation in the programme. Selected students in Grade 11 &12 are groomed and mentored to shape them into future leaders. MSMSV has been successfully conducting the tGELF programme since the academic year 2009-10.
- International Award for Young People (IAYP)
The programme aims to encourage the discovery and development of personal interests, social and practical skills in young people. IAYP is for young people between the age of 14 to 25 years covering the areas of individual skills, service to the community, adventure and physical pursuits.
INFRASTRUCTURE/ Did you know that we have………
- Large, airy classrooms equipped with interactive digital boards
- Well stocked senior and junior libraries functioning as a centre of research and to promote good reading habits
- Modern laboratories for Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and Language
- Spacious art and craft rooms, trained and enthusiastic teachers all facilitate the discovery and enhancement of the creative impulse
- Student Resource Centre to encourage the child to create original and effective learning and teaching aids
- Separate junior and senior computer laboratories with Windows as well as Linux Operating System on the latest Pentium machines
- Full time trained nurse available on campus; annual medical check ups for students and staff
Beyond the Classroom……..
- Vertically divided into 4 Houses from Class III upwards
- Number of clubs which students opt for suited to their individual inclination and talent
- Air Wing of the NCC open to students from Class VII
- Appreciation of culture and heritage encouraged through SPIC MACAY
- Regular Life Skills and Adolescent programmes conducted
- Theatre, Art, Music. Dance, Craft, Electronics, Photography, Carpentry, Band, Orchestra and Clay Modeeling as offered as co-curricular activities
- Excellent sports facilities such as tennis, basketball, riding, cricket, football, golf are available to the students
Major events that we have participated
- MOD Debate, Modern School, Vasant Vihar, New Delhi
- Gowardhan Dass Memorial Declamation Competition, Springdales School, New Delhi
- Book Discussion, Symposium, Math quiz, Blue Bells International School, New Delhi
- T.M Gibson Invitational Memorial Debate and Quiz Competition, Mayo College, Ajmer
- Mayo College Girls School Debate, Mayo Girls, Ajmer
- Mayo College Girls School Model United Nations, Mayo Girls, Ajmer
- Georgetown Model United Nations, New Delhi
- Maharani Gayatri Devi Inter- School Debate Competition, MGD School, Jaipur
- Maharani Gayatri Devi Model United Nations, MGD School, Jaipur
- Inter- School CSIC Moot Parliament Competition, Rajmata Krishna Kumari Girls Public School, Jodhpur
- British Council Competitions like British Council Debate, Annual Drama Festival Kolkata, Digital Movie Making competition, World Class Live Debate
- Heritage Quiz organized by CBSE, Income Tax Quiz
The magazine ‘Education World’ honoured outstanding schools with awards on the basis of their performance and reputation. MSMSV received the award for being ranked 3rd in Rajasthan in day school category. Principal Ms. Krishna Bhati received the award from Mr. D. Tharor.
In order to provide exposure to our students, MSMSV organizes some very prestigious events where students from all over the country participate:
- The Rajmata Gayatri Devi Memorial Trophy
- Maharaj Jagat Singh Inter-school tournament
- Founder’s Day